For the very best views of the annual whale migration, join our Port Stephens whale watching tour!
Port Stephens Dolphin Watching Colourful Day Trip
See Wildlife, Beaches & More!
Port Stephens is two hours from Sydney and worth a visit all year-round. It boasts 26 stunning golden beaches, national parks, diverse marine life, and is a great little Sydney escape.
Get up close to playful dolphins on our dolphin cruise, explore stunning beaches, take a 4WD trip on the beach and slide down huge dunes. If you love nature and adventure, this is the trip for you!
- Experienced driver/guide
- Return air-conditioned vehicle transfers from Sydney to Port Stephens
- 4WD/Sandboard the impressive Stockton Sand Dunes
- Dolphin watching cruise (1.5 hours)
- Free time for swimming (conditions permitting)
- 360-degree coastal lookouts
- One of our awesome guides will pick you up early in the morning, and soon you’ll find yourself going over the Sydney Harbour Bridge towards the mid-north coast of New South Wales. We have a brief refreshment stop on the way.
- Our first destination is Birubi Point, at the northern end of 30km long Stockton Beach. Here you jump in a big 4WD and cruise over the huge Anna Bay dunes to find the biggest drops possible to go down. Embrace the challenge, take a deep breath and whizz down huge the sand dunes on a boards especially designed to fly down sand!
- After a break for lunch (own expense), you board a boat to go dolphin watching.The region is home to over 150 playful bottlenose dolphins who are known to play around the boat. With a café on board, relax and look out for the wonderful dolphins that love surfing the bow waves and getting up close to take a look at you!
- From June to October you can upgrade to our whale watching cruise. The annual whale migration takes place around this time, with plenty of whales playfully showing off some acrobatics as they make their way along the coast.
- Back in Nelson Bay, enjoy some free time to browse the local shops, buy an ice-cream or souvenir and take in the relaxed, friendly coastal local atmosphere.
- We complete the day with a stop at a lookout with majestic views over the coast and hinterland looking north along more stretches or pristine beaches