From the Hunter Valley to Mudgee to Orange, you will stay in 4 star accommodation, enjoy outstanding Australian wine paired with wonderful locally produced food.
Tag Along Tours are the only Food & Drink tours of its type in NSW combining the freedom of self-drive with the support of a fully guided tour. We seek out the most unique, vibrant, eclectic, stimulating, conversational, and rewarding regional experiences with food, wine and nature as the key elements. These exceptional short breaks include 4-star accommodation, exclusive activities, engaging local experts and a dynamic group leader to make sure everything flows perfectly. These short breaks are perfect for friends, couples, and groups looking to share the good life surrounded by Australia’s beautiful and amazing scenery.
What makes these short breaks so unique is that some members of the same group can travel in the lead vehicle for fully guided or escorted journey while others from the group choose the self-drive ‘tag along’ option.
What’s a tag-along tour?
You are part of a small group of private vehicles travelling in a small convoy behind a lead vehicle driven by our expert tour leader. You’ll explore some beautiful regional destinations – independently, but not alone.
We usually cover a maximum of 300kms per day on sealed roads, with some dirt roads if it is a more scenic route or to get to one of the experiences/venues we’ve included in the itinerary.
Before each tour, we host a virtual Pre-Departure Session with everyone travelling to discuss the itinerary, what to expect, what to bring, and answer any questions you may have.
What’s Included in the Tag-Along Package?
• Travel with an established, well recognised business specialising in regional food and wine
• Explore our amazing country with other adventurers with a professionally trained and
knowledgeable tour leader, with extensive industry experience, first aid qualifications,
informative stories and fun facts
• Gain a sense of achievement by exploring the back roads by self-driving your own (or hired)
• Travel in a small convoy – independent but not alone!
• Visit iconic destinations & venues in beautiful areas
• Discover special places known only by locals and our professional tour leaders
• Get back to nature in Australia’s stunning natural environment
• Quality inclusions including daily lunches and breakfasts
• On route refreshment stops in picturesque locations while travelling between destinations
• Well planned, creative, flexible itineraries
• 4-star centrally located accommodation
• All tasting fees, permits & entry fees to national parks
• Comprehensive virtual Pre-Departure Session held prior to prepare you for your adventure
• Optional hire of vehicles provided from people movers to luxury cars to convertibles
• Meet new friends with similar interests
• Travel 100% carbon neutral
• Feel secure with flexible cancellation policies and COVID safe practices
What’s Not Included in the Tag-Along Package?
• Guests driving their own vehicle pay for their own fuel and tolls. Each vehicle is responsible
for refuelling and we will let you know distances and refuelling options, so you’re not
stranded without fuel!
• Some breakfasts and evening meals. We want you to have the freedom to explore, discover
and experience the local cafes, bars and restaurants that you may have heard about, been
recommended or simply interest you.