Our day trip to Jervis Bay lets you discover the Jewel of the NSW South Coast. Jervis Bay is just over three hours south of Sydney and a beautiful destination to visit.
Port Stephens Whale Watching Colourful Day Trip
- Flexible Ages 8 and up
The Best Views of the Annual Whale Migration
Every year between June and October, close to 10,000 humpback and minke whales migrate along the East Coast of Australia. Witness the greatness of these extraordinary creatures on our whale watching trip in Port Stephens, and spot some of the dolphins that live in these waters.
However, we treat you to more than whale watching only. We also take you to a working wildlife sanctuary, and you get to go sandboarding!
- Experienced driver/guide
- Return air-conditioned vehicle transfers from Sydney to Port Stephens
- Visit to Walkabout Wildlife Park
- Sandboard the impressive Stockton Sand Dunes
- Whale watching cruise (1.5 hours)
- Free time for swimming (conditions permitting)
- One of our awesome guides will pick you up early morning, and soon you’ll find yourself going over the Sydney Harbour Bridge towards the mid-north coast of New South Wales. Our first stop is Walkabout Wildlife Park, where you get up close and personal with Aussie wildlife! Pet a kangaroo, feed the farmyard animals and say G’day to the resident emu!
- When we arrive at Port Stephens, take a break for lunch (own expense) at Nelson Bay, the main town of Port Stephens. There are a few cute little souvenir shops around, so feel free to have a browse and take in the local atmosphere.
- Then we board a boat to go whale watching! The Australian whale watching season runs from June to October, so if you get the chance to book this tour, you’re in luck! Plenty of whales will be playfully showing off some acrobatics as they make their way along the coast for their annual migration!
- After our whale watching cruise, we take you sandboarding at Stockton Beach! We will jump on a big 4WD and cruise over the huge Anna Bay dunes to find the biggest drops possible to go down! Embrace the challenge, take a deep breath and whizz down huge the sand dunes on a boards especially designed to fly down sand!
- Our Port Stephens whale watching day tour departs every Wednesday and Saturday from Sydney during whale season (June – Oct). Looking forward to having you on our tour so we can show you to this stunning part of Oz!
- Lunch (bring a packed lunch or grab lunch at one of the Nelson Bay cafes)